Sunday, January 1, 2012

Peppermint Chocolate Snowballs

So for some reason I became obsessed with having a 45 hour baking marathon leading up to Christmas Eve... I was determined to complete 17 recipes (half of which were new to me) for cookies, bars, and a cake.  I have decided that I am officially insane.  Being nearly 8 months pregnant, I was exhausted and I only accomplished 14 of the 17 original items. In theory, I had thought I would really need that many baked goods for 5 normal sized cookie trays and one ginormous one.  Umm... no.  But anyway... the next few recipes are what I accomplished.

1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 1/4 c butter, softened
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
20 Starlight mints (red/white and green/white ones), crushed finely
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powdeer
2 c semi sweet chocolate morsels

Preheat oven to 350 F.  In a large mixing bowl, cream powdered sugar, butter, extracts, and egg.  Beat at medium speed until creamy, scraping sides.  Reduce to low speed and add flour, baking powder, and salt.  Continue to beat, scraping sides, until well blended.  By hand, stir in crushed mints and morsels.  Scoop by tbsp onto a prepared cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes or until edges set and start to slightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment