Monday, January 2, 2012

Cornbread=SUCCESS... FINALLY!!!

Some people who have known me a long time know that I have failed at cornbread repeatedly.  Cheesy Cornbread=FAIL was my latest attempt about a year ago and I have had zero desire to attempt to make it again.  However, while we were laying on the couch watching the Winter Classic Flyers game today and waiting for our dinner of Slow Cooked Chicken Casablanca to be ready, I suddenly had the urge to have cornbread.  Perhaps this was a pregnancy craving... I have no idea.  However... it actually turned out succesful!  Maybe the spur of the moment decision to have it or the fact that I'm pregnant or maybe the planets aligned for me but it actually was delicious... warmed up with butter of course but is there any other way to eat cornbread?!  Regardless, I am ecstatic.
1 c all purpose flour
1 c yellow cornmeal
2/3 c sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 c milk
1/3 c vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 F.  In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.  Stir in egg, milk, and vegetable oil.  Pour into a greased 9 inch round pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment