Monday, January 23, 2012

Chicken and Noodle Casserole

I admit-I have been a major slacker on the blog lately but I have been cooking... not earth shattering meals but I have been cooking... and digging out of my real life episode of Hoarders-Babies R Us style.  Now that we have [most of] the baby's things away from our [ginormous] shower, I can get back to my normal routine.  This was yesterday's Sunday's dinner.

1 10.75oz can of condensed cream of potato soup
1 10.75oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 c milk
2 c frozen mixed veggie (mine included corn, carrots, peas, green beans, and lima beans)
1 lb cooked, cubed chicken
3 c broad wheat egg noodles, cooked and drained
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp sage
10 Basil leaves, coarsely torn
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
15 wheat Ritz crackers, crushed
1 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 400F.  Combine soups, milk, veggies, chicken, noodles, parmesan cheese, pepper, sage, and basil leaves.  Pour into a sprayed 2 1/2 quart baking dish.  Top with cheddar cheese.  Bake 25 minutes uncovered.  In a small bowl, combine Ritz crackers and garlic powder.  Evenly sprinkle on top of casserole and bake additional 5 minutes.  If desired, place under broiler on HIGH for 30-45 secs until top starts to brown.  Be sure not to burn as garlic powder will taste bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment