Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fresh Salsa

I was getting tired of finding whole recipes because I am not a huge fan of big meals in the summer.  The heat murders my appetite and I tend to snack more.  We love salsa so I figured I'd give it a whirl to go with the tacos I was making for Eric tonight.  This recipe seems to taste best the day after it's been made.  The flavors seem to distribute better then (I actually made this yesterday) and it's super delish.  Next time I will likely double to recipe.  This makes about 4-5 cups.



5 roma or plum tomatoes, chopped
3 green onions, sliced thin
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp lime juice

In a blender or food processor, pulse the tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, red onion, and garlic cloves to desired consistency.  Transfer to a bowl and mix in lime juice, salt, and pepper.  It had a medium heat to it so next time I may either add another jalapeno pepper or some cayenne pepper.  Refrigerate for at least a day for maximum tastiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment