Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Creamy Chicken Florentine

I loved this.  I made something similar to this before (Pesto Chicken Florentine)-Eric reminded me.  These Philly Cooking Cremes make it super easy to make up an awesome dinner... (no, I am not getting paid to support Kraft products).   This recipe was on the back of the Savory Garlic version-I just jazzed it up a bit... of course. I totally hearted the pesto version but this was still pretty damn tasty as well.  I even asked Eric to save some of his so I could take it as left overs (since he had already eaten a bowl of potato salad prior to dinner).



1lb boneless, skinless chicken chicken, cut into cubes
1 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic and Roasted Red Bell Pepper
1/2 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 c frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
1 tub Savory Garlic cooking creme
2 c cooked penne or rotini pasta
2 tbsp pasta water, reserved
Salt, pepper
Freshly grated parmesan cheese to top if desired

Heat a large non stick skillet to medium heat with EVOO.  In a plastic bag, combine flour and seasoning.  Add chicken and toss to coat well.  Add chicken and red pepper strips to hot oil.  Cook 5-6 minutes or until chicken is done.  Add minced garlic.  Cook 1 min longer.  Add spinach.  Cook for 2-3 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add 2 tbsp of pasta water as well as cooking creme.  Stir well and continue cooking for 3 minutes.  Stir in pasta.  Serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired.  Good meal for 2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment