Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fiesta Meatballs

I did not taste this.  I got super grossed out when I was mixing the ground beef.  However, Eric enjoyed it and ate half of what I made.  Maybe I'll try it tomorrow when I've forgotten what it was like to mix the ground beef with my hands.  He added some pasta since the picture below is the end result of the recipe and he said it was ridiculous that there was no carbs involved.



1 egg
1 tbsp dried onion flakes
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 1/2 tsp garlic salt, divided
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb ground beef
3/4 c bread crumbs
1 tbsp corn starch
1 c beef broth
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 can (14.5oz) of diced tomatoes
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp sugar

Preheat oven to 375.  In a large bow, combine egg, onion, celery, 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt, and pepper.  Crumble beef into bowl and mix well (this is where I started to gag).  Sprinkle in bread crumbs and mix until just combined.  Shape into 2 inch balls and placed on a large foil lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile in a sauce pan combine corn starch and broth until mixture is smooth.  Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, zucchini, and seasonings (including remaining garlic salt).  Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes, stirring.  Remove from heat.  Drain meatballs well after finished cooking.

In a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, place meatballs in a single layer.  Pour tomato sauce over top of meatballs.  Bake 10 minutes.  Serves 2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment