Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken Bruschetta Pasta

So I've been dying to try the new Philadelphia Cooking Cremes.  Those of you that know me well know I am obsessed with couponing now (thx Kristin! haha) so I really wanted to try them when I found them for under a dollar (because of sales and coupons, of course).  Eric says I'm cheating by using them... I guess he isn't very hungry tonight then (he later retracted that statement once he ate his dinner).  I think this meal is pretty tasty, quick, and easy :)  Plus it did not involve dirtying a lot of dishes... which earns huge bonus points with me.



1 tbsp EVOO
1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 c chicken broth (I didn't have any so I made so using bouillon granules)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tub of Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme (I plan on using the other half on vegetables in the next week or so-it has to be used within 10 days of opening)
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
1/2 lb bow tie pasta
1/4 c asiago cheese, shredded
salt, pepper, garlic powder for seasoning

Begin cooking pasta as directed.  Heat the EVOO over medium heat.  Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder lightly.  Cook chicken and garlic in heated pan 5-6 minutes or until done. Add broth-cook 2 minutes.  Add cooking creme-stir well to combine.  Add tomatoes.  Cook 3 minutes.  Stir in drained cooked pasta and basil.  Top with shredded cheese.  Serve with a salad for a dinner for 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment