Wednesday, March 16, 2011

5 Minute Banana Bread

One of my bestest friends from college gave me this recipe when we were living in a crummy house in West Philly (thanks Chrissy!).  I recently started putting vanilla in it and I like the addition a lot. A lot.  Since today we're eating left overs for lunch and Eric asked me to bake for a bake sale at his work (proceeds benefiting the ACS), I figured I'd post my banana bread :)

3 very ripe bananas (mostly black-if they aren't ripe enough then they are not sweet enough for this recipe)
1 stick of butter, slightly melted
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
2 c flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
nuts to top ** optional

Preheat oven to 350 F.  In a large bowl, place bananas removed from skins and mash with a potato masher.  Add rest of ingredients and combine well.  Place batter evenly in a greased loaf pan.  If adding nuts, add them to top of batter. Bake for 1 hr 5 minutes until top puffs and browns and fork comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment