Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thai Chicken Stir Fry

First off, I did not eat this.  I made this with zero intention on eating this.  If you know, you know my motto is that I do not eat any food from continent of Asia (nothing personal... I just don't like the flavors or the smells and yes, I have lumped all of the diverse countries that reside there into one general 'the continent of Asia'... if you're offended, get off of my blog... it's why they make vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and mint chocolate chip ice cream).  Anyway, my co workers took me out last night to celebrate my pregnancy so I felt guilty that I got a delicious meal and Hearn did not so I whipped up this.  He enjoyed it thoroughly and ate the entire bowl as pictured below.

1/2lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into one inch pieces
3 tbsp sherry cooking wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp water
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp EVOO (may need additional)
1 tsp ground ginger
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 c bias cut carrots
1/2 c frozen peas, defrosted and drained
1 c frozen onion pepper mixture, defrosted and drained
1 c hot cooked rice

In a small bowl, combine sherry, soy sauce, water, cornstarch and red pepper.  Set aside.  Pour oil into a wok pan or large skillet.  Heat over medium high heat.  Add ginger and garlic and cook for 15-30 seconds, stirring.  Add carrots, cook 2-3 minutes.  Add peas and pepper onion mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes.  Remove vegetables from wok and set aside.  Add chicken to wok and cook, stirring 3-4 minutes until no longer pink.  Push chicken to sides of wok.  Stir sauce and add to center of wok.  Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.  Return vegetables to wok.  Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until heated through.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment