Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Halloween Candy Graveyard Cookies

I found this recipe online.  It was some my video blogger.  Sadly, I do not have a photo of these cookies because Hearn and I ate a few but then I closed up the container while they were still warm (pregnancy brain I presume) and woke up the next morning to a gigantic glob of chocolate cookie aka non-useable cookie for the tray.  Anyway, they tasted good while they lasted and at least I got all of the leftover Halloween candy out of the house.

1 c total of leftover chopped Halloween candy (I used 1/3 c of chopped Kit Kats, Almond Joys, and Hershey's bars)
1/4 c milk
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 eggs
10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c sugar

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Combine flour, baking soda and powder and cocoa powder.  Cream butter, brown and granulated sugar together.  Beat eggs into creamed mixture one at a time.  Add 1/2 flour combination, combine well.  Add milk and the rest of the flour mixture.  Combine well.  Stir in Halloween candy.  Refrigerate dough 10-15 minutes to firm up for easier handling.  Drop large tablespoonfuls of batter onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Cool completely before storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment