Thursday, November 17, 2011

Two Tone Twice Baked Potatoes

I acquired 10 lbs of Russet potatoes at some point over the past two weeks and now I have to find things to make.  I also hand a few sweet potatoes.  I have to admit I prefer sweet potato fries over twice baked potatoes with sweet potato but these were good too for some different.

1 sweet potato
1 large Russet potato or 2 small Russet potatoes
2/3 c sour cream, divided
1/3 c milk
2 tbsp chives, divided
salt, pepper to taste
3 tbsp butter, divided
3/4 c shredded Cheddar cheese divided
3 slices of cooked bacon, chopped (optional-I happened to have this so I threw it in)

Wash Russet and sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork.  Bake at 400 F for 60-70 minutes.  Turn oven to 350 F.  Cut off top of Russet potatoes and scoop out pulp into a small bowl.  Add 1/3 c sour cream, all of milk, 1 tbsp chives, 1 tbsp butter, and 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese.  Season with salt and pepper.  Mash together.  Cut off top of sweet potato and scoop pulp out into another small bowl.  Add remaining sour cream, chives, and cheddar cheese.  Season with salt and pepper.  In each potato shell, scoop Russet potato mixture into one half and sweet potato mixture into the other half.  (There will be additional filling, I typically put this in a small Ramekin and cook with the twice baked potatoes).  Place on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment