Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Herbed Cornmeal Crab Cakes

Eric says, "I may have just regained the 5 lbs I lost because I can't stop eating and I'm so full."  I love how crispy these are on the outside.  Next time I'll buy a can of lump crab meat though :)



Cornmeal Coating:

2 tbsp yellow cornmeal
2 tsp panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion flakes
1/8 tsp salt

Crab Cake:

1 egg, beaten
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tbsp dried minced chives
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
pinch of celery seed
1-6 oz can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
2-3 tbsp corn oil

In a shallow bowl, combine coating ingredients.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, chives, parsley, thyme, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and celery seed.  Fold in crab.  Shape into 4-5 patties and coat well with cornmeal mixture.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat corn oil.  Cook crab cakes in oil for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment