Thursday, October 27, 2011

S'More Bars

Since I haven't cooked/baked all week because Eric was away and cooking for one is zero fun, Eric came home early from his trip and I figured I'd try these.  I had to change the recipe a little to fit what I had in the house and I liked the result.  Very yummy but not sure how they'll taste when they're not warm and next time I would add more chocolate chip morsels.
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 c all purpose flour
3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1 c milk chocolate morsels (next time I'll use 1 1/2 c)
18 marshmallows, cut in half

Preheat oven to 350 F.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, and baking powder and gradually beat into creamed mixture.  Set aside 1/2 c for topping.  Press remaining mixture into a greased 9x9 pan.  Sprinkle morsels over top.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Top with marshmallow halves and 1/2 c crumbled graham mixture.  Bake for additional 20 minutes.  Place under broiler for 30 secs or so to brown top if desired.  Cool slightly and cut into bars.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment