Monday, October 10, 2011

Italian Style Stir Fry

I'll start by saying I have become (yet again) a major slacker in the kitchen.  I've opted for Special K with banana slices for dinner most nights (my biggest pregnancy craving... if you can call it that) but I promised Eric I'd start at least making him meals again... he didn't complain-I just felt badly since he's been doing all of the housework that I'm now not allowed to do.  I made this for him happily and then ate my Special K with banana slices ;)  He enjoyed and finished the whole bowl, telling me I was crazy for not wanting any.... so I'm not sure if this is meal for 1 or 2...



1 tbsp flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into cubes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1/4 yellow onion, sliced into strips
1 small egglant, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/2 c chicken broth
1/4 c Italian dressing
1/2 c uncooked brown rice
water for cooking rice
5-6 coarsely torn Basil leaves

Combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bag.  Add cubed chicken and shake well.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Cook rice according to package.  Add chicken to skillet, cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink about 5 minutes.  Stir in red pepper, onion, garlic, chicken broth, and dressing.  Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes for until meat and vegetables are tender.  Serve over rice with juices from pan and top with basil leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment