Friday, February 10, 2012

Hot Tri Meat Pizza

I had planned to make the pizza dough from scratch on this one using my Wheat Pizza Dough recipe but I ran out of time to let it rise so thankfully I had a tube of refrigerated pizza dough in the frig but then I realized I also had forgotten to take out some hot sausage so instead of calling this a Hot Carnivore Pizza with four meats on it... I'm calling it a Tri Meat Pizza ;) Regardless, after I took my 3x3 inch square... Eric consumed the rest of the pizza... literally, placing himself into one of his infamous food comas.
1 Wheat Pizza Dough recipe or your own favorite pizza dough recipe or refrigerated pizza dough
1 1/2 c preferred pasta sauce
1/4 lb of Capicola ham, diced
3oz of pepperoni, diced
1/2 lb ground beef, browned and drained of excess fat
8oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
10-12 Basil leaves, cut into ribbons

Preheat oven according to directions of dough-for the dough I used, I preheated to 425 F.  Some doughs may require a par making before you had toppings... be sure to read directions.  On a lined cookie sheet (for easier clean up) or pizza pan, spray non stick spray and roll out dough to edges.  Layer on sauces, meat, and cheeses, topping with basil leaves.  Bake according to directions-again for the dough I used I baked this pizza for 17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment