Friday, July 8, 2011

Morning Mix Up... for dinner

This was our dinner last night... but I hit the hay at 8pm and therefore, blogging was not happening... I feel so old.  For some reason, I had acquired 36 eggs in my frig and since there is not too much baking in my future, I figured breakfast was the way to go :)  Despite being a "Serves 4" recipe, we polished this off sans toast or bagels.



2 c frozen hash browns
1/2 lb fully cooked ham, chopped (I used ham steak so there were chunks of ham)
4 oz sliced pepperoni, diced into quarters
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6 eggs
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

In a large non stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and add meats, garlic, and hash browns.  Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.  In a small bowl, combine eggs and seasonings.  Add to pan, cook, stirring occasionally until the eggs are cooked through.  Remove from heat and stir in cheese.  Serve with toast or bagels for a meal for 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment