Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chicken Pesto Pita Flatbreads


Eric:  If I ever get to go to Italy, I bet I wouldn't find something as good as this :)
I think he just wants me to keep feeding him....

4 wheat pitas (see Wheat Pita Dough recipe)
1/2 c basil pesto sauce (I used Betrolli's-it comes in an 8 oz jar-pesto sauce from scratch will have to be another day haha)
2 c cooked chicken, shredded
1 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
1/3 c  ricotta cheese
1/4 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
5 oz spinach, coarsely torn
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tbsp EVOO

Preheat oven to 450 F.  In large pan heat EVOO on medium heat.  Add garlic and let cook for 2 minutes.  Slowly add in spinach, stirring until all wilted down.  Remove from heat, set aside.  Place pitas on cookie sheet lined with foil (lightly spray foil with non stick spray).  Spread pesto sauce evenly onto each pita.  Top with shredded chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella.  Dollop ricotta cheese onto each pita.  Place wilted garlic spinach onto each and top each with shredded parmesan cheese.  Bake 6-8 minutes until cheeses start to melt.  Be careful not to burn!!

2 comments:

  1. If? If? If he goes to Italy? 10 yr, baby! We're going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... I totally knew you'd comment that once I posted this :) 5 years to go!

    ReplyDelete