Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken

I did not think I would like this.  However, I had all of the ingredients for it and it seemed like something that Eric would like.  It also was a super fast recipe so that scored mucho points with me.  I was surprisingly pleased with the result.  Eric was happy as well especially since he said it reminded him of Chinese food.... wait... did I say I liked it?!

1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into small cubes
1 tbsp EVOO
1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tbsp flour
1 c salsa (we used hot and loved it)
1/4 c peach preserves
1 c brown rice, cooked as directed
1/2 c broccoli, steamed

In a large resealable bag, combine flour and taco seasoning.  Add chicken and toss to combine.  In skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Add chicken to hot pan.  Brown chicken.  Combine salsa and preserves, stir into skillet.  Bring to a slow boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.  Serve over the rice with broccoli.  Serves 2.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that is definitely Chinese food. Continent of Asia, here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhh... I don't want Eric to know!!

    ReplyDelete