Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

The original recipe called for pickle slices, which you placed on the pizza prior to putting it in the oven.  Something about baked pickles grossed me out so I skipped that step.  Regardless, Eric polished off about half the pizza before I even got a chance to get one slice.



1 Herbed Wheat Pizza Dough recipe precooked
1/2 lb ground beef, cooked, excess fat drained
1 lb bacon, cooked, chopped*
1 c pizza sauce or marinara sauce
1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 450 F.  On precooked pizza dough, evenly spread sauce, leaving room for crust.  Top with ground beef, bacon, cheeses, and Italian seasonings.  Cook for 8-10 minutes until cheese melts.

*May be more like 3/4 of a pound once I was done snacking on it as I was getting everything together... oops.

2 comments: