Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chipotle Pork **warning:hot**


First of all, I seriously burned my eyes making this recipe because, of course, I wasn't thinking and chopped the jalapeno pepper and then decided it was a brilliant idea to touch my eye.  Second of all, on a scale of 1-10 in terms of heat, for me this was about an 8 1/2 to a 9.  Eric said it was only a 6 or 7.  In theory, I like the recipe although if I make it again I'm using less of the adobo sauce or changing that part completely-Eric thought I should do it the same just add some tomato paste.  Proceed with caution...

1 lb pork, any cut, boneless, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed
1 c frozen corn
1 c brown rice
1-2 tbsp EVOO
1/2 c red or black beans, drained and washed
1/2 to whole 7oz jar of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 c petite diced tomatoes
Salt
Fresh cilantro to garnish

In a food processor or chopper, place one to two of the chipotle peppers.  Process or chop till a paste-like. Coat pork with the paste, using as a marinate, salt pork and let sit for about 1/2 hour.  Once marinated, cook corn and rice as directed-set aside-keep warm. 
In a large skillet add EVOO and heat over medium high heat until skillet is hot.  Add pork and jalapeno pepper-cook pork on each side for approx 2 minutes.  Turn heat down to low and add additional chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, beans, corn, and diced tomatoes.  Heat through.  Serve over rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment