Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Twice Baked Blue Cheese and Bacon Potatoes

In addition to the Shrimp Scampi in Cream Sauce I made last night for our anniversary dinner, I also whipped these up.  I did it more out of necessity to get rid of some stuff in the refrigerator.  I now love these and will be making them more often and am also thrilled I made extra :)



4 baking potatoes
1/2 c sour cream
2 heaping tbsp of cream cheese
1 tbsp butter
4 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped

Preheat oven to 425.  Wash potatoes and poke all over with fork.  Bake for 40-60 minutes.  Remove and cut out the top of potato, discarding the skin.  Spoon out the pulp into a large bowl.  Combine all of the ingredients and mix with an electric mixture until desired consistency.  Add more or less milk if desired.  Spoon back into the potato shells.  (I typically have remaining filling when I make twice baked potatoes of any variety so I put the leftover filling in a ramekin and follow directions the same with potatoes).  Place in oven and bake for additional 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment