Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shrimp Scampi in Cream Sauce

So in honor of our upcoming 5 year wedding anniversary this Friday and because we will be yet again driving 10 hours on our anniversary to MB (why do I plan this?) and because I have been a major slacker wife in the kitchen and because Eric says I'm not getting enough fish into my diet for Baby Bean and because I know we will have zero home cooked meals for over a week and a half, I adapted this recipe from the North End Cookbook last night for a little pseudo anniversary celebration before we celebrate some more on our trip.  Delish :)  It makes me want to just eat seafood on our trip.



1/2 lb large shrimp, deveined, peeled
flour
1-2tbsp EVOO
2 large or 4 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
dash of hot sauce
dash of white wine
1 c heavy cream
freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 lb whole wheat linguine

Cook pasta as directed and set aside.

Dust shrimp with flour and shake off excess.  Pour oil into heavy bottomed skillet, just enough to cover bottom.  Add garlic and cook till tender over medium heat.  Cook shrimp with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and hot sauce for about 5 minutes, turning shrimp.  Add wine and bring to boil.  Remove from heat and slowly add cream.  Return to burner and let mixture boil for 1-2 minutes.  Serve bubbling hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment